How Can I Keep My Property From Being Sold - TACS

In order to redeem your property (and stop the tax sale process), you must either pay your account in full or make a Promissory Note payment plan agreement. Payment agreements are not available in all cases or for all localities.

An active Promissory Note agreement, where no default has been made, will halt tax sale proceedings.  In order to enter a payment agreement, a down payment may be required. If you default on your payments under such an agreement, you may not enter into another arrangement pursuant to the Code of Virginia.