What if I receive a letter stating I am an heir to a property? What needs to be done? - TACS

If you are not interested in the property, then there is nothing that needs to be done. If you are interested in keeping the property from being sold, you may want to inform our office and then contact an attorney to see what you would need to do to have the property placed in your name.  Note that we do not seek any personal liability from heirs in real estate tax sale cases. If you are listed on a suit to sell real estate it is simply to provide you due process notice of the proceedings.